ExtremeGamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ExtremeGamers

Scripting, Development, Servers, MMORPGs and alot more

Latest topics

» Mining Rune essence-A quick runescape cash strategy
Two years and counting EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 am by reason +123

» How To Not have Your Runescape Account Hacked
Two years and counting EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:06 am by reason +123

» Runescape Exclusive Servers
Two years and counting EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:47 pm by reason +123

» Runescape Hacks
Two years and counting EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:36 am by reason +123

» Fiesta Online browser version
Two years and counting EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:51 am by reason +123

» Use the browser to emphasize the subject
Two years and counting EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:06 am by reason +123

» Students create video runescapes
Two years and counting EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:33 pm by reason +123

» runescapes are also can make money oh!
Two years and counting EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:23 am by reason +123

» Use the browser to emphasize the subject
Two years and counting EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:56 am by reason +123

Affiliates

No Affiliates

Two years and counting

reason +123

Two years and counting Empty Two years and counting

Post  reason +123 Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 am

Two years and counting
    One of the largest misconceptions about buy runescape gold free-to-play gaming is that the games must be free to all players, at all times, or else they cannot carry the title of "free-to-play." I have made my feelings on the topic known several times. Free-to-play is a general term, just like rock and runescape accounts roll or science fiction. There are shades of free-to-play, but there is always one guarantee: You can access some part of the game for free. If you have to buy anything before you can even access the game, it is called freemium, velvet rope, or any other term that we want to come up with that means "not free from the start." Guild Wars is not free-to-play. A buy runescape accounts like Wizard101, which allows free initial basic access but eventually requires payment to move into deeper areas of the game, is not free-to-play either; it is freemium. Of course, now we can get into discussions about the timing of the required payment, how that further defines the term, and how certain RMT items qualify as content while others do not, but honestly I'm bored of the whole discussion. My rule from now on is to name the game and we can define that particular game. There are simply too runescape gold many variables.

This is important to note because the argument is often that free-to-play has been a recent invention of greedy developers who want to squeeze every last dime out of players or that only "failing" MMOs resort to rs gold using free-to-play. The truth is that it was a payment model that was born out of the need to allow players to play and pay how and when they want.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 am